Interested in working in adult social care? Explore vacancies by location and/ or job type.
Area Manager - Learning Disabilities
We provide a range of benefits to reward and thank our staff which includes:
- Six weeks' annual leave including statutory public holidays
- Workplace Pension scheme – MacIntyre will contribute 3% of your salary to all eligible employees
- MacIntyre Staff Savings Scheme
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) to support your health and wellbeing
- Health Cash Plan which provides money back on core health treatments such as: optical, dental, physiotherapy, chiropody (at reduced cost)
- MacIntyre Sick Pay (qualifying period)
- Life assurance scheme offering valuable benefits to your dependents
- MacIntyre Rewards Scheme which recognises and rewards staff
- MacIntyre Perks which offers up to 6% discount off leading retailers including Tesco, Curry/PC World, Costa and many more
- Access to the Blue Light Card which offers thousands of amazing discounts online and on the high street for emergency and social care staff.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (cost paid by MacIntyre)
The car allowance for this role is currently £2,000 a year, and reasonable mileage is claimed in addition.
Are you a motivational leader in the health and social care sector looking for your next opportunity? You'll manage our provision across the East Midlands (Leicestershire and Derbyshire) for adults with a learning disability.
Our services include registered care, supported living, lifelong learning and outreach. You'll oversee practice development, including the growth of new services in your area.
Across the area, you will lead a team of 8 Frontline Managers, 169 staff and 2 Administrators, supporting 149 adults with a learning disability and/or autism.
You'll place a high premium on operational and financial compliance and quality management. You'll understand the intricacies and challenges of the sector, including CQC standards. You will put the people who are supported by MacIntyre at the heart of everything you do.
You'll take lead responsibility for ensuring services are fully resourced through effective recruitment management, workforce deployment and staff development, creating recruitment and training strategies in partnership with our central support teams.
You'll need at least three years' senior management experience at Area Manager level of similar, gained within the Health and/or Social Care sector, including multi-site operations and working with Commissioning bodies.
You will have a management qualification or the ability to achieve one within a reasonable timescale. Ideally, you will previously have been a Registered Manager or managed Registered Managers. You will believe in the benefits of co-production and look out constantly for ways to involve people with learning disabilities, their families and other key stakeholders in our service provision.
You'll be resilient and someone who relishes a challenge. You'll be based at our office in Leicester, but we expect you to be a regular visible presence across the services you manage in both Leicestershire and Derbyshire. You will also be part of our telephone on-call rota.
You must be a driver with your own transport insured for business use, as you'll be travelling extensively around the area and more widely.
MacIntyre is a national charity which supports over 1,200 people with a learning disability and/or autism.
We were founded in 1966 by the visionary parent of a child with disabilities and have been growing steadily ever since.
We celebrate and develop everyone's unique gifts, talents and contributions.
Safer Recruitment and Diversity statement
MacIntyre safeguards and promotes the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Therefore we work with successful candidates to complete appropriate checks prior to joining.
MacIntyre is committed to promoting equality, encouraging diversity and embracing inclusion among our workforce. We want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and the people we support.