Care Assistant - Guaranteed Hours
- Contracted 8 hour shift with travel time and mileage payments! (Shifts to cover 06.30 till 14.30 and 14.30 till 22.30, Shift times are approximate but the shift is guaranteed 8 hours, Alternate working weekends)
- Competitive mileage allowance
- 28 days holiday pro rata
- Full training induction and a 12-week mentor
- Ongoing training and support
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Smartphone technology so you can do everything at the tap of a finger
- Free uniform
But not only that, we take care of our team throughout the year, whether it's your birthday, Christmas, awards or simply because it's a Thursday. We're a family and we're here to look after you today, tomorrow and every other day after that.
Bluebird Care started as a small family business in 2004, and today we are proud to be one of the largest providers of home care services across the UK. But what makes us different? We appreciate that every customer is different, and this is why every day will be different.
Roles and Responsibilities as a Care Assistant
- Providing personal care duties
- Administering medication
- Manual handling, using equipment where required
- Promoting customer health and well-being, enabling them to live their life to the full
Your Experience and Suitability for the Care Assistant Role
It isn't about previous experience. We want to ensure our customer receives the very best care and to do that we need people who are naturally compassionate, caring and patient. We want a team who genuinely cares for each of our customers as if it was their own family.
But don't panic, we'll ensure you have all the right training and development because we care for our Care Assistants. After all, they care for our customers so it's important that you feel equipped for the role.
You must have:
- Full and valid UK driving licence
- Access to a car
- Right to work in the UK
- Excellent level of English
Because We Care About You
We understand that every member of our team has their own family to care for and this is why our role offers the flexibility to work around your own home life. You can choose between full-time or part-time work; all you have to do is simply tell us your availability. Although we try to be flexible where we can, we do require you to be flexible with us too, that's why we will require you to work shifts of 06.30 till 14.30 and 14.30 till 22.30.
We will also consider any one who is looking for part time shifts i.e. 6.30 - 10.30 / 10.30 -14:30 / 14.30- 18.30 / 18.30 -22.30 but these would not carry the same guarantee