Care Assistant - WEEKENDS
- Full Induction training provided in-house
- NVQ Qualifications & further accredited training provided
- Holiday pay
- Career progression
- Mileage for drivers
- Exceptional support offered from a dedicated Management Team
About this opportunity
Select Care Services are looking for dedicated individuals who are caring and compassionate to join our team.
We are proud to announce a pay increase as follows:
Monday – Friday - 7am - 9am £10.00 p/h
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm £9.50 p/h
Monday - Friday 5pm - 10pm £10.00 p/h
Saturday – Sunday – £10.50 per hour
Christmas Day & New Year's Day - Bank holiday enhancements
Plus, 15p per mile for Drivers
MILEAGE - 15p PER MILE FOR DRIVERS
(current £9.00 - £9.50 with 30p per call for drivers, up until the above date)
We cover LE1, LE2, LE3, LE4, LE5, OADBY, GREAT GLEN, WIGSTON AND THURMASTON - if you are unsure if we provide work in your area, please contact us directly for a fast response.
Call our recruitment hotline 07595 044 954 / 0116 2761111 Option 1 / or email us!
PLEASE NOTE: WALKERS WILL BE GIVEN CALLS WHICH ARE WALKING DISTANCE FROM THEIR HOMES. WE HAVE POSITIONS AVAILABLE FULL-TIME/PART-TIME/MORNINGS/EVENING/WEEKENDS
You must be a caring, compassionate and caring individual.
- Ability to work in a team or on your own is essential
-Must have excellent reliability and timekeeping skills
- Must be empathetic towards others
- All applicants are required to have basic reading and writing skills in English. As well as the ability to speak and understand English
- Must comply with the Company's policies and procedures
- Must abide by the various governing legislations
- Drivers/Walkers are both considered
- All aspects of personal Care (washing, dressing, medication, etc)
- Transfers using Moving and Handling Equipment where required - full training will be given
- Social Inclusion calls - Accompany to Appointments and Social Events/Outings Run Errands and Collecting Prescriptions, Companionship and encouragement to promote independence as part of the persons care plan
- Domestic Tasks. E.G. Cleaning/Laundry tasks, tidying up, preparing meals etc.
- Assist with Eating/Drinking
- Assisting with Medication and associated tasks - full training provided
- Monitor Diet (Food/Water intake)
- Provide Dementia/Alzheimer care
- To follow instructions set by Management.
- To act in accordance with the service users' conditions and requirements
- To attend and partake in supervisions and staff meetings
- To perform all duties stated in the service user's care plan
- To encourage the service user's independence, providing support where required.
- To incorporate skills and health and safety techniques into practice, acquired from the full, comprehensive training provided to you by the Company.
Other important information
New staff and customer referrals will be paid at a rate of £100 (criteria to be met)
A full, clean driving licence is preferred, but not essential
Successful applicants will be required to complete a DBS the cost of the DBS is £9.00 - this can be paid by cash or bank transfer. For this you will require 3 forms of ID which must be in date
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE JOB, WE CAN ONLY RECRUIT FROM AGED 18 AND OVER!