Welcome to Kara Healthcare, where we specialise in delivering top quality care to the people living in one of our homes.
We believe every one of our residents deserves dignity, choice and independence. Kara Healthcare recognises individual means listening to what our resident tells us and ensuring every day is thoroughly enjoyable. Our approach includes jointly written care plans designed to help us learn about the residents likes and dislikes as well as helping to set care and rehabilitative goals encouraging independence. We help the residents keep up community links and welcome visits from family and friends.
We offer a wide variety of care options from short and long-term residential care to nursing needs.
Kara Healthcare are currently looking for a Cook to join their caring, enthusiastic, and supportive team. We offer:
✓ Ongoing fully funded training and qualifications provided including QCF level 2
✓ Career progression opportunities
✓ Excellent candidate referral scheme with bonus
Kara Healthcare are currently looking for a full-time Chef/Cook to join their caring, enthusiastic, and supportive team.
As a Chef/Cook you will prepare freshly cooked and nutritionally balanced meals for our residents every day. It is crucial you work collaboratively with our catering teams to ensure every meal reflects each residents' likes, dislikes and dietary needs.
· Previous experience working as a Head Chef/Cook is desirable
· Gained a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
· Ability to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment
· Fantastic communication skills
· Compassionate and respectful
· Personal and motivated
· Deliver exceptional customer service
· Excellent time management skills
· Flexibility and a strong "can do" attitude
· Actively seeking opportunities for personal and professional growth
· Plan four-weekly menu cycles, with reference to residents' likes, dislikes and dietary needs
· Observe high standards of personal and professional conduct as befits a Senior Member
· Supervise the keeping of logs and records deemed when necessary
· Minimise waste and promote cost-effective budgeting
· Deal with any enquiries and complaints
· Maintain health and safety, hygiene and food safety requirements
· Report any equipment or maintenance updates/requirements
In addition to creating a happy care home, Kara Healthcare provide ongoing training. We are fully committed to continuously nurture and support our staff. Creating a friendly and safe environment for everyone in our company is incredibly important to us as we believe everyone here has a fundamental part to play.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch.