Greenfields Skills Centre Co-ordinator
WHM Work Connections provides person centred support for adults with learning disabilities to increase independence, develop valuable life and work skills and to pursue work opportunities.
Enabling individuals to have choice and control over their own lives.
Reports to: Skills Centre Manager and Company Directors
Contract Type: Permanent position (3 month probation)
Working location: Greenfields Skills Centre, 60 Green Lane, Segrave, Loughborough LE12 7LU
WHM Work Connections provides a Community Life Choices (day service) support service to adults with learning disabilities living within Leicestershire. From our purpose built Skills Centres, workmates are supported to gain a range of practical skills, increase independence, gain further qualifications, be involved in enterprises and move into employment.
The Greenfields Skills Centre Coordinator is a diverse role requiring a range of skills and qualities. The role will be pivotal in ensuring that WHM focuses on its primary responsibility of meeting individual care needs to the highest possible standard.
A creative and enthusiastic candidate is required to support the coordination and development of WHM Work Connection's services in order to best meet the needs of its users and to ensure that it leads the social care provider sector by example through innovation and the provision of high-quality services.
WHM runs three Skills Centre across Leicestershire and the successful candidate will ensure the smooth day to day running of the Greenfields Skills Centre service located in Seagrave; overseeing all workmates and support workers working at this site.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the safe and effective delivery of high-quality services to users, their families and carers
- Coordinate all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the WHM service located at Greenfields Skills Centre, Seagrave
- Produce clear and effective timetables each day; ensuring safe staff ratios, range of opportunities and reflecting identified needs and choice.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and bring any updates or amendments and new policies to the attention of staff and where appropriate users
- Maintain links with Health and Social Care professionals, voluntary agencies and other professional disciplines necessary to define and provide a comprehensive programme to workmates, their families and carers
- Monitoring and ensuring that all workmates have a comprehensive Support Plan, relevant risk assessments, Communication Passports and Person Centred plans are in place by liaising/ supporting individual keyworkers.
- To support the Directors/ Manager in ensuring the health and safety of staff, workmates and others using the WHM service at Greenfields.
- To ensure that all medication is administered inline with department policies
- Liaise with Enterprise Coordinator to coordinate the CIC services
- Liaise with other WHM coordinators and Directors as necessary to ensure consistency of service and to work effectively as part of the WHM Management Team.
- Encourage and enable service users to take responsibility for their own Person Centred Plan
Education and personal development
- Undertake regular supervision sessions with the Skills Centre Manager
- Ensure formal, recorded supervision sessions are held with support staff on a monthly basis
- Support the induction process for new staff members joining the WHM team alongside the Manager, HR and Care Co-ordinator. In accordance with WHM Work Connections policies
- In-house mentoring of new and existing staff to ensure that support plans and risk assessments are adhered to and working well.
Communication and working relationships
- To work alongside WHM Manager Nick Spriggs to ensure a consistent approach to care provision across our three skills centres
- Establish strong working relationships with health and social care practitioners, voluntary and other agencies to achieve a co-ordinated and comprehensive service to service users, families and carers
- Coordinate WHM Staff located at Greenfields, sessional workers, students on placement and volunteers
- Lead monthly team meetings
- Attend and contribute in Management Meetings (every three months)
- To appropriately and effectively share information regarding care/service provision to workmates and staff
- To attend meetings in the absence of the Managers or Directors and provide feedback as required
Administrative and other duties
- Ensure accurate recording and confidentiality of work mates' information
- Ensure all workmate personal development and training files are maintained up to date
- Make recommendations to the Directors regarding the development of staff, workmates, service and facilities
- To monitor/ coordinate WHM Work Connections Quality Assurance methods
- Complete monthly Health & Safety checks of the Greenfields Site alongside the Maintenance Worker.
- To work with the company directors in developing systems, risk assessments, policies and procedures to ensure the effective delivery of training
- Provide support for workmates within sessions as required
- Liaise with other professionals/agencies and develop relevant knowledge and skills appropriate to the post
- Promote WHM Work Connections to potential users, referring agencies and carers
- Have an effective knowledge of all relevant Disability, Equality legislation, Health and safety legislation
- Ensure that Company's Values are met
- To ensure that WHM Work Connections Equal Opportunities policy is adhered to in daily work practice.
- To undertake occasional evening/weekend work.
- To undertake other duties to further promote the objectives of WHM Work Connections, as directed by the Company Directors.
Please email email@example.com for any further information or an application form.
Closing date for applications is the 27th November 2023