Home Care Assistant
We have guaranteed, flexible full and part-time opportunities for people looking to become a care worker in Leicestershire, to provide personal care and support to vulnerable people in their homes.
Locations: Quorn, Sileby, Mountsorrel, Woodhouse Eaves, Rothley, Wymeswold, East Goscote, Burton on the Wolds.
- £9.50 Mon to Sat (07.00-18.00)
- £10.00 (18.00-00.00)
- £10.00 all day on Sunday, plus mileage from the first to last call
No previous care experience is required for general care as training will be provided. Previous experience will be required for more complex positions.
Are you interested in supporting and caring for vulnerable children and adults, enabling them to remain independent in their own homes?
What does the role entail?
In addition to their regular duties of meal preparation, medication assistance, laundry and cleaning, bathing, grooming and toileting, they support with:
- Preventing loneliness and isolation,
- Promoting dignity and independence,
- Encouragement at meal times,
- Gentle persuasion towards better health, such as taking medication, gentle exercise and drinking fluids,
- Listening, understanding and interacting,
- Guidance for staying safe, keeping warm or cool in changing climates.
These traits within our care workers are what preserves our service user's independence and keeps their families and close friends reassured that they are receiving the best possible care available.
- Our Home care team will provide full training for the role. You'll receive induction training and will be shadowed by some of our most experienced care workers so that you can get experience of the role first hand,
- Flexible or contracted hours with regular service users,
- On-going support and development should you wish to grow your career,
- holiday pay
...plus, the satisfaction that you are making a real difference to someone's life, in addition to providing comfort and reassurance to their family or friends.
If you would like more information on the roles available, please apply today and a member of the team will be in touch.