Interested in working in adult social care? Explore vacancies by location and/ or job type.
Nutritional Support Worker
In return you will receive a competitive salary in line with the Health & social care sector, and a generous benefits package and investment in your personal growth with continuous training.
Working for Vista means you will be working for one of the oldest and largest local charities in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, working with people with sight loss and their families.
You will be required to work 18 hours per week, to be worked flexibly between 8:00am – 8:00pm, Monday - Sunday; including alternate weekends and Bank Holidays to meets the needs of the care home and that of the service users. The shift pattern is 8.00am – 2.00pm (6hrs) and 2.00pm – 8.00pm (6hrs).
- You will be required to coordinate the dining room area at meal times, ensuring residents are appropriately supported and served food and drink in a timely way
- To intervene supportively where residents need assistance or encouragement at to eat or drink
- Required to monitor residents' food and fluid intake and maintain records accordingly
- You will need to document when residents are not eating, or eating less
- Required to set tables, and clear after meals, and ensure cleanliness and presentation of the dining room
- Ensure residents have a supply of fluids between meal times, including the mid-morning and mid-afternoon tea/coffee rounds
- You are required to give personal care to residents when required
- Must be aware and maintain awareness of residents' dietary requirements
- To undertake handover between early and late shift meal time Assistants