Part Time Support Worker- New Parks
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Access to our online discount portal, which we call affinity4you, that offers discounts off shopping, holidays, cinemas, days out and gym membership
- Competitive pension scheme (we will match contributions up to 6%)- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
*pro rata for part time staff
This is a part- time position, working 30 hours a week. This role will be based in the New Parks area of Leicester. To be considered for this role you will need to be a driver.
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability, mental health needs or behaviours that may challenge. Affinity Trust are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Job Summary and Duties
Are you a support worker with a natural passion to care, and a desire to enable those who you support to achieve greater independence whilst obtaining career progression?
We are currently looking for a committed, part-time support worker to join our team and support 4 individuals with learning disabilities with a person-centred approach for 30 hours a week. The successful candidate will join our team and support individuals with learning disabilities, complex needs and challenging behaviour, with a person-centred approach within a supported living environment base in the New Parks area of Leicester.
Whilst experience is essential to be considered for the role, we will equip the successful candidate with up to date training to ensure they have all the skills needed to provide the very highest standard of support. This is an ideal post for a Support Worker employed within a similar role, or an experienced Support Worker wanting to obtain a new challenging role and self-development.
Skills and Experience
You will need to be able to work flexibly across a 7 - day rota to include early mornings, evenings, bank holidays, weekends. In addition, waking nights and sleep-ins.
We are looking for a Support Worker who has:
• The ability to relate to people with a variety of backgrounds
• The ability to work on your own and as part of a team
• A friendly and caring approach
• A professional, reliable and flexible attitude
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written (IT skills are also highly desirable)
• Being a driver is essential
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support and those that have not previously worked in care will be supported with completing the Care Certificate.