Support Worker- Loughborough
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone's life
- Blue Light Card
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- 15% overtime enhancement on hours over 37.5 per week
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
*pro rata for part time staff
Be the difference, change lives - apply today!
Are you a compassionate, caring and understanding person?
Are you able to quickly adapt to changing situations and provide quick on the spot thinking?
Than you have the right skills to join our team in Loughborough.
We are looking for a support worker to join us and provide support to a kind and caring gentlemen within their home and wider community. The person we support enjoys Disney, music, theatre and going to the cinema as well as for drives and walks to explore; it would be advantage if the successful application shares one of these common interests.
We are looking for someone who has a calm and relaxing demeanour who can demonstrate these qualities in this role. Due to the support being in someone's home it is key that you are respectful of the person's privacy as they do enjoy spending periods of time by themselves
About The Role
- Supporting the person with all aspects of daily living, including cooking, cleaning, shopping, meal prep, personal care etc. (a lot of the support will be providing prompts/ gentle reminders in order to maintain wellbeing)
- Helping the person you're supporting become more involved in their communities
- Supporting the person to carry out and enjoy their hobbies or activities
- Assisting with structured routines, and where needed supporting with decision making
This roles core working hours are 08:00am- 11pm (with the potential to do some sleep in's after the late shift).Therefore as part of this positions shifts that could be offered are:
- Long Days
There is the potential to do either a long shift followed by a sleep in or to have shifts split amongst the team, this can be discussed and explored further at interview.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Candidates that are adventurous, friendly, encouraging, supportive, respectful, and resourceful
- People that share our values
- Good level of spoken & written communication
- Happy to provide 1:1 support, as this role will involve lone working
- Previous experience
- Full UK driving license
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.