Interested in working in adult social care? Explore vacancies by location and/ or job type.
Support Worker- Ratby
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
*pro rata for part time staff
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust.
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Job Summary and Duties:
We need experienced Support Workers to work with adults with mental health needs and learning disabilities in our step through service in Ratby. You will need to be fully flexible to work a variety of shifts and previous experience of working with individuals with mental health needs is essential. This is also a great opportunity for carers (HCAs) looking to work in a different setting, who can transfer their skills.
Our service is a step through project for adults with mental health needs , the main bulk of support is teaching daily living skills and how to be able to live independently again as some of the people haven't done so for years. This includes cooking, cleaning, managing meds and money. You will also help them to build relationships with their families.
Joining our team at Affinity Trust will allow you to make developments with your career in the Health and Social care sector; whilst contributing towards improving the quality of life for the people we support. This role will involve tasks associated with day-to-day living, which may include:
- Personal Care
- Household chores
- Meal Preparation
- Leisure Activities
- Social Inclusion
- Maintaining health and well-being
You will need to be able to work flexibly across a 7 - day rota to include early mornings, evenings, bank holidays, and weekends. In addition, waking nights and sleep-ins.