Interested in working in adult social care? Explore vacancies by location and/ or job type.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
*pro rata for part time staff
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Job Summary and Duties:
We need dedicated Support Workers to work with adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities in our supported living service in Coalville. This is a varied role which requires social support and some moving and handling. You do not need experience, as we will fully train you to ensure you have all the skills needed to provide the very highest standard of support.
Joining our team at Affinity Trust will allow you to make developments with your career in the Health and Social care sector; whilst contributing towards improving the quality of life for the people we support. This role will involve tasks associated with day-to-day living, which may include:
- Personal Care
- Household chores
- Meal Preparation
- Leisure Activities
- Social Inclusion
- Maintaining health and well-being
You will need to be able to work flexibly across a 7 - day rota to include early mornings, evenings, bank holidays, and weekends. In addition, waking nights and sleep-ins.
his post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust.