Interested in working in adult social care? Explore vacancies by location and/ or job type.
As well as knowing that what you do is making a positive difference to people's lives, we offer a comprehensive benefits package as follows:
- 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service)*
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts
- £200 bonus after 3 months service, £100 after 6 months service and a further £100 bonus after 12 months service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hr helpline to support you through any of life's issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal)
- Occupational Health support
- Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual
- Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Refer a friend scheme
*pro rata for part time staff
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check which will be provided by Affinity Trust.
At Affinity Trust all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
Job Summary and Duties:
We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic team to join our new service based in Anstey, Leicester to support individuals with mental health needs, through a person-centred approach. Experience is non-essential as we do provide full training and support.
Our service in Anstey is a home for life for adults with mental health needs, where they can live an independent lifestyle. As a support worker, your role is to assist with teaching daily living skills and encourage an active lifestyle. This includes cooking, cleaning, managing medication and money. You will also assist individuals in building and maintaining relationships with their families.
Support work offers you a chance to make a genuine difference to people's lives and no day will be the same!
Joining our team at Affinity Trust will allow you to make developments with your career in the Health and Social care sector; whilst contributing towards improving the quality of life for the people we support. This role will involve tasks associated with day-to-day living, which may include:
- Personal Care
- Household chores
- Meal Preparation
- Leisure Activities
- Social Inclusion
- Maintaining health and well-being
You will need to be able to work flexibly across a 7 - day rota to include early mornings, evenings, bank holidays, and weekends. In addition, waking nights and sleep-ins.