As part of the Enable team, you will receive:
- Holiday allowance with the option of having your birthday off
- Opportunity to subscribe to the Wider Wallet Scheme offering money off and discounts at a range of shops
- Ongoing training and development
- Support from an experienced management team
We recognise that to ensure we are providing a good service it is important that we attract the right candidates to work at Enable. Therefore, we would like to hear from people who have the following values:
- Provide support with dignity and respect
- Be able to work collaboratively and as part of a wider team
- Be committed to delivering quality care and support
- Are happy to continue to learn and reflect in an effort to always improving the support being provided and yourself
What is a Support Worker?
As a Support Worker for Enable, you will be offered shifts working either at one service or across a number of services. We believe that support should be consistent and predictable for the service user, therefore you will tend to only work with a few service users over the week. Additionally, shifts will be booked in 2 week slots so you know when you are working. Having a balanced home-work life is really important to us at Enable and we will work with you to ensure that this is achieved.
There will be a range of working patterns available. Start times for shifts will range from 0700-1000 or 1430-1630 and finish times will range from 1400-1730 and 2200. There is also a need to contribute to a sleep in rota system.