Our care home provides care and support to our residents in a warm, comforting and homely environment. Apply today to join an amazing team and make a real difference to peoples lives.
Looking for someone to work on a full - time basis - Full training provided.
To provide a quality personal care service for service users in line with the policies and procedures as prescribed by the person in charge.
Provide Personal Care
Give personal care to service user's inline with the agreed care plans
- Work under the supervision of a Senior Care Officer
- Attend to and meet residents personal hygiene needs, e.g. bathing, hair care, visits to the toilet, including the use and emptying of commode, dealing with incontinence and catheter bags
- Maintain choice, privacy, dignity and independence of service users
- Establish a relationship with all residents, listen and talk with them to encourage mental and physical stimulation
- Encourage residents to achieve maximum independence (by assisting residents to meet their own needs whenever possible) e.g. excursions, hobbies and recreations.
- Give practical assistance, if required, with the use of talking books, cassette recorders and other specialist aids and equipment.
- Liaise with other staff, report and document relevant issues
- Help to make sure that the residents dietary needs are met
- Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, whether this is with the use of aid appliances or not.
- Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing and eating.
- Care for residents who are temporarily sick and need minor dressing and bed nursing. Administering first aid when necessary.
- Care for residents who are terminally ill or in the last stages of illness.
- Assist with lifting residents when necessary
- Attend to nurse call system promptly
- Answer emergency alarms
Job Type: Full-time