The duty of domiciliary Care Assistant is to facilitate the independence of Service Users as much as possible and to encourage their wellbeing at the same time.
The duties could include the following:
- Assisting service users/clients wake up from bed
- Assisting service users to wash, shower, undress and dress
- Serving food and assisting service users eat
- Making and changing beds
- Assisting service users who are bed-bound to avoid pressure sores
- Talking to service users to help them feel less anxious
- Assisting service users to move around if they find it difficult
- Supporting service users to the toilet/commode
- Making sure the service users' home is tidy and clean
- Keeping supplies and equipment in order
Your day-to-day work may include using mobility aids and equipment to help lift and move patients.
Hours per day 5-10 hours
Rate – £8-£9/hour
Area we are operating – Market Harborough